This article is aimed at guiding/educating Nigerian students that are going to be writing this coming 2018 jamb CBT exam in which the exam date are yet to be scheduled.
Well am going to say that Nigerian jamb CBT exam is one of the simplest exam, which only depends on how you prepared for it though.
Some students always finds it difficult on how to pass jamb CBT exam which have resulted to majority of them writing same jamb exam for up to 3-5 times. Some even go as far as paying huge amounts of money in other to secure external jamb expo which may sometimes implicate them in the examination hall. There is no need to deny the fact that this practice has been going on in every Jamb cbt examination hall.
But nevertheless, passing jamb CBT exam is not all that difficult as it seems to be before. Especially when paper/pencil method was being used long ago for writing jamb Exam.
Nowadays there have been many helpful tutorials and also some sites that have volunteered to offer jamb cbt examination test free of charge so that every jamb candidates will be familiar with the patterns and also how jamb cbt exam looks like.
Here am going to list 10 guidelines on how to pass 2018 jamb CBT exam successfully
- Early registration: there have been issues of some students not registering their jamb examination early before the deadline for the registration.
It is advised that for every students that have been preparing to write jamb CBT exam should try as much as possible to register for the jamb exam early so as to enable the student secure a good and comfortable examination center and also enable him/her get all the exam material resource in time.
- Studying previous jamb past question: studying/solving past jamb CBT exam question is very important for every jamb candidates, there is no doubt to let you know that 30% of every jamb examination mostly comes from the past written jamb examinations. So therefore studying past exam question will not only help to enhance your exam preparations but it can also makes you minimize your chance of failing the jamb exam.
So try as much as possible to look for past jamb CBT exam question on any of the courses that you will be examined on.
I believe there are some sites that have uploaded jamb past question online. Some have it in pdf format or you can easily study it online whichever way you chooses try as much as possible to get and study jamb question in other to be familiar with jamb question formats.
- Online learning approach: we are now in a digitalized world, where most of our everyday activities is now mostly done online. So basically using online learning approach to study for jamb is quite good for any student that actually finds it hard to study with book. Especially those that are phone addict, that can’t open a single page of a note book without checking his/her phone every minute.
There are many websites that every phone addict or any student going for jamb Exam should care to check out. This websites offers free tutorial on some courses that you are going to write such as English, Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, etc. while some might require you to subscribe before accessing their various tutorials online. Here are the list of websites that have some various courses cbt exams that you can write on your jamb cbt exams: https://myschool.ng/classroom/exam, https://pass.ng/ etc…
- Groups study: am going to say that this don’t work for some students out there because they believed that they can study on their own and get their desired results which might sometimes won’t work out according to their expectance, but be rest assured that there is 70% chance of you making a good grade on your jamb result when you study in group.
There is huge benefit in undergoing group learning this not only apply to jamb exams tho. You can form a group of 3 minimum or 5 maximum depending on how you wanted it to be. You can go to your neighborhood and meet some of your fellow jambites that is also preparing for jamb exam tell them about your intention on forming a small study group.
Try to find quiet place that will be convenient for you guys. Its best advised to make use of library or school environment for the studies. Try to make the group very interactive after every study sessions by asking question based on what you people learned. Challenge each other with various questions, solve some problems from past questions or self-setted question.
Making use of group learning approach will help build your reading skills, and also enable you scale through any exam that you will encounter in future more especially jamb Exam!.
- Computer literacy: there is so much need for me to emphasize more on this, because there have been lots of issue of some students going for jamb cbt exam without proper knowledge or basic experience of how to make use of computer, with them knowing fully well that the exam they are going for is compulsory a computer based test (cbt) examination. This sometimes ends up causing more havoc or failure to the student simply because they pressed wrong button during the exam session (although sometimes this may happens especially when your time is elapsing during the Examination session).
So therefore for every jambites that have not yet gotten any basic knowledge of computer should please try to make out time to enroll for computer lesson at any nearest location. Undergoing computer lesson is not just learning how to “boot and shutting down computer”.
There are lots of packages that you could lay your hands on while undergoing computer lesson such as Corel draw, Microsoft excel, power point, Photoshop etc.
Some may thought that they are already familiar with everything concerning how to make use of computer so they don’t have to bother about this but there is need to be familiar with how jamb CBT exam runs. So check online and enroll for free CBT tutorials in other to be acquainted with jamb CBT Exam interface.
- Learn to relax your mind: always learn to free yourself from fear. Why am I saying this? Some students always panic whenever they remember they have jamb exam.
There is no need for you to worry much about that. All you have to do is study hard, get familiar with past questions and answer all available question, learn to give yourself question and solve it also.
Take a nap whenever you feel tired after reading, eat healthy food, and exercise your body.
Please this is a very important tips to grab because there have been issues where some students might forget some of the important materials that was required of them on the exam venue, simply because of panic that arise when they are travelling for their jamb exam. Relax your mind, have confidence in yourself because your panic means that you are not sure of your ability to pass the exam. I assured you that you can achieve more when your mind is relaxed than when you are in a state of panic!
- Time management: To help sort out your time management, set up a timetable for your study. Write down how many subject that you will be writing on jamb and the day on which you have to sit for your own jamb exam. Then organize your study accordingly.
You may want to give some subjects especially mathematics, physics, chemistry (although that depends on how good you are with any available subjects) more study time than others, so find a balance that you feel comfortable with.
Remember do not wait till exam date is announced before you start studying your books, and please note that “you are not only studying to pass your exam but you are studying to acquire good knowledge and understanding of any subject you are studying on”. Do not be deceived by your peers who will try to laugh at you when you are visiting the school library, or stay up at midnight or anywhere you finds it comfortable to study your books ahead of your exam because you are laying foundation to your successful jamb examination results”.
- Getting rid of distractions: Make sure you have enough space to sort your textbooks and notes out. Try as much as possible to get enough study light that won’t make you feel dizzy or suddenly tired when reading, know what type of study light that is quite comfortable for your eyes, (although white light is more encourage-able to be used for studying).
Is your table, chair comfortable? Are your mobile phones, social media chatting or computer games out of sight? Be sure to perfectly Try and get rid of all distractions, and make sure you feel as comfortable and able to focus as possible during your reading sessions.
For some people, this may mean almost complete silence, for others, especially me, am more comfortable playing background music such as classical hits. (You can download a lots of classical hits online, they help to relax your brain while reading).
Some of us need everything completely tidy and organized in order to concentrate, while others thrive in a more cluttered environment. Think about what works for you, and take the time to get it right.
- Plan your exam day: Make sure you get everything ready well in advance of the exam – don’t leave it to the day before to suddenly realize you don’t know the way, or what you’re supposed to bring.
Check all the rules and requirements, and plan your route and journey time earlier because we know how bad Nigerian roads are. So if your exam center is quiet far from where your location is, be sure to travel as early as possible to the exam venue If possible, do a test run of the trip. If not, write down clear directions.
Work out how long it will take to get there – then add on some extra time. You really don’t want to arrive having had to run halfway or feeling frazzled from losing your way. You could also make plans to travel to the exam with friends or classmates, as long as you know they’re likely to be punctual.
- Take regular breaks: While you may think it’s best to study for as many hours as possible, this can actually be counterproductive. If you were training for a marathon, you wouldn’t try and run 24 hours a day. Likewise, studies have shown that for long-term retention of knowledge, taking regular breaks really helps.
Everyone’s different, so develop a study routine that works for you. If you study better in the morning, start early before taking a break at lunchtime. Or, if you’re more productive at nighttime, take a larger break earlier on so you’re ready to settle down come evening.
Try not to feel guilty about being out enjoying the sunshine instead of hunched over your textbooks. Remember Vitamin D is important for a healthy brain.
You may feel like you deserve a treat, or that you don’t have time to cook, but what you eat can really have an impact on energy levels and focus, so keep away from junk food.
Keep your body and brain well-fuelled by choosing nutritious foods that have been proven to aid concentration and memory, such as fish, nuts, seeds, yogurt and blueberries. The same applies on exam day – eat a good meal before the test, based on foods that will provide a slow release of energy throughout. Sugar may seem appealing, but your energy levels will crash an hour later.
As a final tip of this article, learn to Take adequate water, remember that being well hydrated is essential for your brain to work at its best. Make sure you keep drinking plenty of water throughout your revision, and also on the exam day.
Good luck! In your jamb examination, remember determination is the key to success.